DPW meeting on 8/6 - any updates?

Civilized general discussion about the Goodridge Brook Estates project.
Corinne

DPW meeting on 8/6 - any updates?

Post by Corinne » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:30 pm

I couldn't attend last night's DPW meeting but wondered if anyone had any updates for the group. I would think the strain this new development would put on the town's water resources would be a critical factor in getting it scaled back.

malk315

Re: DPW meeting on 8/6 - any updates?

Post by malk315 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:51 pm

Tonight's DPW meeting has been cancelled.
I'm going to update the "important meetings" post that appears at the top of this forum as a "sticky" topic.

-Eric

StopThe40B

Re: DPW meeting on 8/6 - any updates?

Post by StopThe40B » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:32 pm

A DPW Meeting was held on 8/20/18 at 5:30 pm. There was a good number of residents that attended to hear
from the Water department regarding the proposed Goodridge Brook Estates (GBE) project water usage.
(Victoria arranged to have this item added to the official meeting agenda).

Victoria presented the group's concerns to the DPW. She requested that the Water Dept. inform the Zoning
Board of Appeals (ZBA) in writing of the current limitations of the water system. The DPW board indicated
that added demand from GBE would push existing wells and infrastructure over current limits.

There was a constructive exchange of information between the DPW and Lancaster residents. The STB group
informed the board of the changes to the plans Crescent Builders submitted to the ZBA on 7/24/18, which
increased the project's bedroom count from 451 to 516.

Based upon that news, the DPW was able to update their estimate for water usage for the GBE project.
The figure provided in an earlier comment letter on 4/26 was 27,066 Ga/Day. The new figure was over 36,000.
The STB group requested that the DPW convey that update to the ZBA as well.

There was a discussion about Lancaster's possible need to get a new permit to be able to pump more water.
My notes from the meeting are a bit lacking, but the DPW indicated that the need to reduce unaccounted
for water (eg: leaks), to a level below 10% was inhibiting them. With current levels around 18%, they said it
might take 6 to 12 months to get a new permit.

There was some additional information about efforts to produce a new well and the possibility of adding
storage tanks in the future. I will not attempt to summarize all that other than to say the DPW is looking
at options to meet the town's water needs.

The DPW indicated that they appreciated the public's attendance and support.

- Greg